Thank you for visiting Appalachian Communications. The Appalachian Communications website and its associated services (collectively “Services”) are owned and operated by Appalachian Communicaitons LLC, which is a Virginia limited liability company. Appalachian Communications has adopted this privacy notice (“Privacy Notice”) because it believes that you should always know what kind of data it collects from you, how it collects and uses that data, and how you can have control over that data. Appalachian Communications strives to be transparent in its data collection efforts and to provide you with the clear and concise information that you need to make decisions about Appalachian Communications’ collection of data from you.
Appalachian Communications collects data from you when you share it with us and when you use the Appalachian Communications Services. When you provide your Personal Data (defined below) to Hivelocity, Hivelocity acts as a controller of Personal Data. When you use the Services to store or process Personal Data that you collect, you appoint Appalachian Communications as a data processor to process data on your behalf and in accordance with your instructions or as otherwise necessary to provide the Services to you.
Data You Share With Us
Appalachian Communications may collect the following information from you when you voluntarily share it with us (“Personally Identifiable Information”):
- Company name;
- Telephone Number;
- Email Address;
- Security questions and answers;
- Credit Card and debit card information;
- Passport number; and
- Driver’s License.
This Personally Identifiable Information is used for the following reasons:
- To provide you with the Services;
- For billing and contracting purposes;
- To process your payment;
- To authenticate your account;
- To send you marketing e-mails concerning our Services;
- To communicate with you;
- To provide you with customer service or support;
- To keep records of communications through our Services;
- To comply with regulations; and
- To pursue or defend against legal claims.
Data We Receive From You
Appalachian Communications may also collect personal data from you automatically when you use the Services (“Personal Data”). This Personal Data may include the following:
- Location data, such as by collecting and processing your IP address and device settings;
- Technical data, such as your IP address, your device IDs, server location, server type, server position, IP assignments, and MAC addresses;
- Usage and interaction data, including the manner in which you interact with the Hivelocity Services; and
- Marketing data, such as your IP address, your advertising or creative ID, your geographical location, pages visited, referring web page, search terms, cookie data, and advertising IDs.
This Personal Data may be used for the following reasons:
- To provide location-based Services or to tailor the Services to your geographic location;
- To respond to law enforcement requests;
- To provide content that is relevant to your geographic location;
- To analyze your use of the Services, to administer and secure our Services, to determine how Hivelocity should allocate server resources, to understand the technical load on Hivelocity’s servers, and to detect and report fraud;
- To better tailor our services or to understand how we can better improve our user interfaces; and
- To provide advertisements to you, to determine the relevance of advertisements, and to help make advertisements more relevant to your preferences.
- Ensure the functionality of the Services, including by allowing you to add services to your cart and to retain information for a session when you use the Services;
- To authenticate users and to prevent fraud and abuse;
- To understand how you interact with the Service so that we may improve it;
- To personalize the Service to your wants and needs; and
- To provide you with advertisements.
Appalachian Communications may use session or persistent cookies. Session cookies are only stored on your computer or mobile device during your use of the Services and are automatically deleted when you close your web browser. Persistent cookies are stored as a file on your computer or mobile device that remain on your computer or mobile device even after you close your web browser. Persistent cookies can be read by the website that created the cookie when you revisit it again. Appalachian Communications may use persistent cookies when it uses Google Analytics or other analytics providers.
Appalachian Communications may send you marketing communications if you have asked us for information concerning our services or if you have agreed to, and have not opted out from, receiving marketing communications. You may ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out link in any marketing message set to you.
Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information and Personal Data
Appalachian Communications will only share your Personally Identifiable Information or Personal Data under limited circumstances. Appalachian Communications will disclose your Personally Identifiable Information and Personal Data:
- Upon your consent or at your direction;
- To its subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, business partners, and service providers that Appalachian Communications uses to support the Service;
- In the event Appalachian Communications sells or transfers all or a part of its business or assets;
- To Appalachian Communications’ accountants, auditors, insurers, or attorneys;
- In response to lawful requests from public authorities, including upon receipt of an exigent circumstances request, upon receipt of a duly authorized subpoena or court order, or where doing so is necessary to protect our users, our employees, our contractors, third parties, or property.